RISE executives participated in the info day held by the State Scholarships Foundation, regarding the financial and technical management, monitoring and implementation of the Erasmus+ KA2 (Key Action 2) projects, on the occasion of the approval of submitted proposals.
The key action KA2, presents a new challenge for Erasmus+ 2014. The selected projects aim at strengthening strategic partnerships in the fields of education, training, youth, knowledge alliances, sector skills alliances and capacity building.
RISE, within the framework of these activities, participates as partner in the project ‘Seaofskills: Taming the Sea of Fishers' Knowledge, Skills and Competences’.
The NGO “Maria Tsakos” Foundation International Center of Maritime Research and Tradition is the coordinating organization of the ‘SeaofSkills’ project. The other members of the consortium are:
- the University of the Aegean,
- the Chios Chamber of Commerce,
- the Hellenic Center for Marine Research,
- the Center for Advanced Studies of Blanes of the Spanish National Research council,
- the Ege University, based in Izmir,
- the University of Malta based in Msida, Malta and
- Aqua TT UETP Ltd., a consulting firm based in Dublin.
The project aims to contribute to the improvement of the quality and attractiveness of the Continuing VET for fishers and to address existing needs of the fisheries and the CVET sectors. The main objective is to identify the IVET needs in knowledge, skills and competences of fishers and subsequently develop an enhanced and updated open source Training Course Curriculum.